Teaching English is one of the best ways to experience life in Vietnam. It gives us the opportunity to immerse ourselves in Vietnamese culture whilst gaining worthwhile experience working in a renowned profession, all the while earning a salary. If you have a passion for education and would love to have an enriching experience in one of the world’s most beautiful countries then a teaching position in Vietnam could be for you.
Locations: Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Da Nang, Hai Phong and many more.
Requirements for Applicants
- Ability to speak English to native level
- Bachelor's degree (any subject)
- ESL teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA etc) or a teaching certificate or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching.
- Background check less than 6 months old from your home country or last country of residence
- Ability to pass a health check during training required by the Vietnamese government
Job Description –
Typical tasks that may be carried out include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (no lesson planning is required)
- Classroom management
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
- Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc
- Attending and contributing to training sessions and workshops
- Participating in a limited amount of paid marketing events (e.g. lesson demos) for the language centre
The centre is open Tuesday-Sunday evenings, Saturday/Sunday mornings and afternoons.
- Hours per week: 25-30 total hours (including administrative duties), 18-21 teaching hours
Starting salary at 32,000,000 VND per month (and higher, based on experience)
- 25,000,000 VND bonus paid within first month for new starters
- Two days off per week (Monday plus one more day allocated Tue-Sun dependent on schedule)
- Over-time hourly rate of 525,000 VND if maximum teaching hours is surpassed
- Housing allowance or accommodation provided
- Small-city stipend of 3,225,000 VND (if placed outside of Hanoi / HCM)
- 12-month contract completion bonus of 10,750,000 VND
- Performance bonus available of up to 3,000,000 VND per month
- 20 paid national holidays including 12 flexible blocks
- Basic Vietnamese residency health insurance contribution plan
- Work permit application: reimbursement plan
- Class size of 16 maximum (10-15 avg.)
- Full week-long training provided and ongoing teacher support