ESL Teaching Roles in Vietnam
Teaching English is one of the best ways to experience life in Vietnam. It gives us the opportunity to immerse ourselves in Vietnamese culture whilst gaining worthwhile experience working in a renowned profession, all the while earning a salary. If you have a passion for education and would love to have an enriching experience in one of the world’s most beautiful countries then a teaching position in Vietnam could be for you.
Locations: Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Da Nang, Hai Phong and many more.
Requirements for Applicants
- Ability to speak English to native level
- Bachelor's degree (any subject)
- ESL teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA etc) or a teaching certificate or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching.
- Background check less than 6 months old from your home country or last country of residence
- Ability to pass a health check during training required by the Vietnamese government
Job Description –
Typical tasks that may be carried out include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (no lesson planning is required)
- Classroom management
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
- Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc
- Attending and contributing to training sessions and workshops
- Participating in a limited amount of paid marketing events (e.g. lesson demos) for the language centre
The centre is open Tuesday-Sunday evenings, Saturday/Sunday mornings and afternoons.
- Hours per week: 25-30 total hours (including administrative duties), 18-21 teaching hours
Starting salary at 32,000,000 VND per month (and higher, based on experience)
- 25,000,000 VND bonus paid within first month for new starters
- Two days off per week (Monday plus one more day allocated Tue-Sun dependent on schedule)
- Over-time hourly rate of 525,000 VND if maximum teaching hours is surpassed
- Housing allowance or accommodation provided
- Small-city stipend of 3,225,000 VND (if placed outside of Hanoi / HCM)
- 12-month contract completion bonus of 10,750,000 VND
- Performance bonus available of up to 3,000,000 VND per month
- 20 paid national holidays including 12 flexible blocks
- Basic Vietnamese residency health insurance contribution plan
- Work permit application: reimbursement plan
- Class size of 16 maximum (10-15 avg.)
- Full week-long training provided and ongoing teacher support
To apply, please send your CV/resume to email@example.com