Position: Full-time teacher
Starting date: Late December/Early January
Location: Ichinomiya city, Aichi, Japan.
Working schedule: 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday)
This position involves teaching children of various ages, but the majority of the students will be between the ages 1-10.
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or qualifications related to young learners will be highly favoured.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field of early childhood teaching.
* An ability to work independently is very important.
* Someone who really enjoys teaching children, and enjoys planning fun & engaging lessons.
* Someone who is comfortable teaching very young learners, and can demonstrate the patience sometimes needed in order to teach these classes.
* Classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
- 0-2 year olds (with mothers & Japanese assistant) - 8 student limit
- 3-6 year olds (with a Japanese assistant) 15 student limit
- 6-13 year olds - 8 student limit
* Classes can be between 50-180 minutes in length, depending on the age of the students.
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own teaching materials as well.
- Native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / ESL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- DBS check/Criminal records check
- Two references
- Preferably currently living in the Gifu/Nagoya area
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Accommodation provided (if needed)
- Four weeks of holidays per year
- Visa sponsorship (if required)
- Contract completion bonus
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
- Enrollment in the Japanese pension & health insurance system
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Head Teacher.