Dongguk University, Seoul and Ilsan Campus, is hiring Assistant Professors for the Dharma College Foreign Language Center
Enthusiastic, responsible instructors for academic English programs required for credit and non-credit classes at Dongguk University, Seoul and Ilsan Campus
Contract for the 2020-2022 academic year (2-year contract)
1. Native English speakers (with nationalities only from the countries listed below)
- UK, Ireland, Australia, USA, Canada, South Africa and New Zealand (7 countries)
2. A. Master's degree holder with two years' experience as a full-time instructor at college(s) in Korea or;
B. PhD Degree holder
¡Ø TESOL / CELTA certification is preferable
¡Ø Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be excluded automatically. Please check the above requirements before applying for this position.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 3 or more (*subject to change )
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. If necessary, the applicant may be required to teach at the Ilsan Campus also
2. Teach a minimum of 12 hours of credit classes per week (mostly general English courses)
3. Additional two hours per week of English Clinic / English Zone (Non-paid work in lieu of office hours)
4. Teach at least 4 days per week (5 days per week, if necessary)
5. Available to teach non-credit classes (overtime, paid work)
6. Available to participate in work for both the university and the Dharma College as required
7. Need to be available to teach for up to one month in each of the two vacation periods, as required (overtime, paid work)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Basic salary: KRW 3 million per month
- Overtime pay (Credit class): KRW 22,000 per hour (day) / KRW 33,000 per hour (evening)
- Non-credit class pay: KRW 50,000 per hour (English Programs)
- Summer & Winter session pay: KRW 51,000 per hour
- Bonuses paid twice a year based on a professor¡¯s performance
- Maximum KRW 2 million per semester (subject to change)
3. Paid vacation (summer and winter)
4. Medical insurance (National Health Insurance)
5. Group medical Insurance
6. The Korean Teachers' Pension
7. Dongguk University Hospital discount
8. Shared office, computer, and other office equipment
All documents must be submitted either by mail (NOT E-mail) or hand.
1. Dongguk University application form
(Go to http://dharma.dongguk.edu/ and click "Hiring Assistant Professors for the DCFLC" on the main page at the bottom. At the bottom of the page, you will see a document named 'Application Form.doc', click and download it.)
- Please put the name of your position indicated on your certificate of employment in "Title/Position" box on your application form.
2. Publication List (If you have any)
- Please register and get the list of publication in KRI
- Preferable but not required.
3. Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
4. Cover letter
5. Outline your 'teaching philosophy' in one paragraph (maximum).
6. Copy of passport (mandatory) / alien registration card (if applicable)
7. Original copy of certificate of employment (Proof of work experience)
8. Two letters of reference from your Korean work history.
9. Copy of university diploma(s) and transcript(s)
- 1 copy of each diploma of attained and academic transcripts (Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral, GPA)
- Each certificate MUST be sealed with Apostille(except degrees from USA or Canada).
- Please see the website below regarding the "Apostille seal". http://www.apostilleinfo.com
- Those called for interview should bring the original of their university diploma(s) and transcript(s) on the interview day.
10. A recent Identification Photo
DUE DATE AND PLACE OF SUBMISSION
1. Due date: Wednesday, December 11th 2019 (by 5:00 PM)
2. Where to:
- By hand (Business hours: 9 AM~5PM): Dharma College Foreign Language Center, #540(5th Floor) Hyehwa hall, Dongguk University
(For directions: Go to http://dharma.dongguk.edu/. Please click "Hiring Assistant Professors for the DCFLC" on the main page at the bottom. Click a document named "map" for directions.)
- By mail:
Please mail the documents to arrive by Wednesday, December 11th (5:00PM) to address below.
Alicia (Hyunji) Kim
Dharma College Foreign Language Center (´Ù¸£¸¶Ä®¸®Á& ouml; ±³¾ç¿Ü±¹¾î&f rac14;¾ÅÍ)
#540(5th floor) Hyehwa Hall, Dongguk University
30, Pildong-ro 1gil, Jung-gu, 04620, Seoul
¼¿ïÆ¯º°½Ã Áß±¸ ÇÊµ¿·Î 1±æ 30, µ¿±¹´ëÇÐ±³
ÇýÈ°ü 5Ãþ 540È£ ±³¾ç¿Ü±¹¾î&f rac14;¾ÅÍ
For any inquiries, contact email@example.com / Tel : +82 2 2260 3470
¡Ø Email submissions are NOT acceptable
1. Applicants who do not fulfill the necessary requirements will be excluded from the screening.
2. Applicants without Dongguk University application forms or applicants applying via email will be excluded from the screening.
3. All the information in the Dongguk University application forms and resumes should correspond to what is in the diplomas, certificates, and all the other relevant documents. If not, applicants may be excluded from the screening.
SCHEDULE FOR INTERVIEWS
1. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted on Wednesday, December 18th.
2. Interviews will be on Thursday, December 26th.
3. We will inform you whether or not you have been successful on Friday, December 27th.
¡Ø Schedule may change due to unforeseen circumstances.