The English International School Baghdad is currently looking for new staff as the school continues to grow. The international school provides a competitive salary, a generous vacation package, and free housing and security.
Join us in Baghdad and discover places, relics, and heritage from both Ancient Mesopotamia and the Islamic Golden Age
At The English International School Baghdad there are currently over 10 expat teachers. Teachers are allowed to leave the campus and visit the ruins of Babylon, the marshes in south Iraq, or spend leisure time at the school in order to study Arabic.
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in the class with equality of opportunity for all.
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct.
- Treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents, and other staff.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach.
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programs as appropriate.
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcome of students you teach.
- Be aware of students’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how students learn.
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all students, including those with special educational needs, gifted and talented, disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them.
- Demonstrating and understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy including the correct use of spoken English (whatever your specialist subject).
- If teaching early reading, demonstrate a clear understanding of appropriate teaching strategies e.g systematic synthetic phonics.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for settling challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities, and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure students’ progress.
- Give students regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encouraging students to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress, their emerging needs and take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
- Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets, and plan subsequent lessons.
- Participate in arrangements for examinations and assessments.
In order to apply, please send an updated CV and photo to email@example.com