Attention Native English Speakers (NES) : ENGLISH TEACHERS NEEDED
Bhavana Bodhigun Vocational College (BBVC) on beautiful Koh Samui is seeking qualified native speakers to teach in our English Language Department.
Immediate need for 2 part-time teachers. Full-Time Teachers for May, 2020.
Part time: hourly wage according to experience/ 2 days a week minimum.
Full-time teacher details below.
BBVC opened its doors in May 2017 to approximately 150, 15-18-year old, underprivileged students. Located on beautiful Koh Samui, BBVC provides personal training and support to create opportunities for its students who are all on full scholarships. In May 2020, we will have approximately 500 students enrolled and seek teachers for the May start.
At the completion of the 3-year program, the goals are: to produce knowledgeable and competent students to work in the hotel and tourism industries, to be proficient in English and Chinese, and to train students to be morally upright citizens and trustworthy employees through the practice of Dhamma.
BBVC is seeking English teachers capable of:
• Being purposeful and making a difference in students’ lives
• Being passionate and lighting a fire in terms of English language learning
• Being effective in teaching and producing results in students’ language proficiency
• Being a team-player and fitting into a multicultural workforce
• Being open-minded and eager to grow as a professional and as an educator
• Being nurturing to students and respectful towards the Thai way of life
• Newcomers must attend an orientation and short-training program
• Native English proficiency; EFL ESL experience; Hotel and Tourism experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Teaching credentials required, TEFL certification accepted
• Teaching experience in Thailand or elsewhere in Asia
• Two strong references validating character and experience
• Must be reliable and understand Thai working culture
• Plan, prepare, and deliver dynamic and creative lessons
• Develop weekly lesson plans according to curriculum
• Design educational resources and assessments for the courses
• Mark students’ classwork, homework, exams, and other additional assignments
• Diligently manage student behavior by establishing classroom guidelines
• Actively and enthusiastically participate in school related engagements
• Work weekends and contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Salary according to experience
• Accommodation (when available)
• Health insurance
• Work permit and visa assistance
• 3 meals a day
To apply: Send letter of intent, CV, diplomas, certificates and credentials (copies are ok), 3 references and their contact information, and a criminal background check from your home country. Contact William Richeson PhD, International Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Looking forward to hearing from you.