Employment Opportunity at Korean International (Secondary) School
The Korean International Secondary School in Ho Chi Minh City, District 7, Vietnam, is looking for 1 Full Time EFL teacher to start on 01 March, 2020. If you cannot start on 01 March, 2020, please do not apply.
- Contract period: 01 March 2020 to 28 February 2021 with option to renew.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:10-16:30, ~190 working days per year with paid vacation
- Teaching hours: 18-20 classes (45 minute classes)/week
- Non teaching hours: Teachers are expected to stay on campus to plan lessons and grade materials
- Textbooks, Teacher Rubrics and Curriculum Outline are provided
- Target age: Grade 7 to 11
- Base salary (monthly): $2,100 USD
- Qualification incentives:
+100 USD: Master’s Degree (Education/English only)
+100 USD: Teacher certification
- Benefits: School provides visa sponsorship, supports health insurance, and a $700 settlement allowance (if one is arriving outside of Vietnam.) A one-time $500 deposit will be taken from the employee’s pay in March 2020 (to cover medical insurance and visa application) and reimbursed in full upon completion of the work contract.
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries:
USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa
- Bachelor degree or above in any field
- TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certification (100+hr)
- Prior Middle and High School teaching experience preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of English grammar is an asset
Email the following required documents with subject line ‘EFL KIS’ to email@example.com (Ms. Park) by January 4th, 2020:
1) your CV
2) a copy of your passport photo page
3) 2 references with phone numbers and email from your most recent jobs
4) a copy of your university transcript
* if any of the documents above are not submitted, your application will not be reviewed.
Only candidates selected for the interview process will be notified by Janaury 6th, 2020. Interviews will take place January 7th and 8th, 2020.
Note: The applicants selected for the role will be required to submit a recent Criminal Record Check and a Health Check.