IDEAL English Academy is a respected and highly professional private language school in Bangkok. Our English Programs are renowned for being creative, inspiring and will captivate the students desire to learn. The students who learn with us become confident, capable and aspiring English language users.
The following positions will start before the new school year in May and are all in our English Program (EP) Department.
EP English Secondary Grade Teacher
Starting salary from 40,000฿ (ref.EP1)
This is an opportunity to join a simply remarkable team of teachers within the English Program Department. The whole EP Secondary department pride themselves on excellent student results and you will benefit from the support of an experienced department head, as well as a number of outstanding teachers within the whole EP department. You will need to be creative in your approach to teaching and learning, with the ability to inspire your students, while maintaining a commitment to high standards.
This is a full-time position so you would be teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities.
EP Computer Teacher
Starting salary from 40,000฿ (ref.EP2)
We are seeking to appoint a full time qualified, committed and enthusiastic IT specialist, to join a dedicated and well-motivated team of EP Secondary Teachers.
You must be a highly motivated and passionate about teaching your specialized subject as the whole EP department pride themselves on excellent student results. You will have to the opportunity to contribute and bring your own areas of interest and expertise to the department. Ongoing training and development will be given to you, plus you will benefit from the support of the Secondary EP Head.
This is a full-time position so you would be teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities. You must hold a Computer/IT Degree to apply for this position.
EP English Primary Science Teacher
Starting salary from 43,000฿ (ref. EP3)
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Science Teacher and experienced classroom practitioner to teach science across all Primary levels within the department. The successful applicant will be a suitably qualified graduate who will demonstrate the ability and drive needed to promote and strengthen science within the school. The applicant should be well organized, patient and relationship-orientated.
We are ambitious for our students and we are seeking to appoint a teacher who can bring the right blend of flexibility, commitment, energy and vision to the English department. Again, you will need to be creative in your approach to teaching and learning, with the ability to inspire your students and maintain a commitment to high standards. You will also have the full support and training of an experienced Department Head Teacher.
This is a full-time position so you would be teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities. You must hold a Science related Degree to apply for this position.
We are looking for teachers who have
• A deep caring about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics.
• A demonstrated cultural understanding and respect and a desire to live and work in Thailand.
• A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of our client schools and students.
• A well balanced, flexible and adaptable nature.
• A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times.
• Professionalism at school as fitting for a teacher at an academically oriented private school in Thailand.
• Be able to plan, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans.
Innovative and receptive to new ideas and opportunities for professional development.
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities.
• Bachelors of Education Degree or a Bachelor's Degree in the relevant subject from an Accredited University.
• ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120 hours of in class training).
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
• Police Clearance Record.
What we can offer you
The benefits of working with IDEAL English Academy are self-explanatory. You get to live and work in 'Beautiful Thailand' while teaching some of the best students in the world.
• Professional development.
• Monday to Friday 8am-4pm work week.
• 12-month renewable contract with annual salary increment through PBSi.
• End of contract bonus through PBCi.
• Non-B visa extension and Work Permit supplied by the school.
• 20 days’ holiday per year, with an additional 13 public holidays plus Christmas break, all paid.
• Health and medical insurance cover.
• Free meals.
The school is located within walking distance from Queen Sirikit or Khlong Toei MRT stations in the heart of central Bangkok. We are close to both Silom and Asoke areas of the city.
How to apply
At this time we are only accepting Native Speakers of English from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. South African applicants must have a TOEIC score of 800+. Please do not use the “Send Resume’ button, but do please send the documents listed below quoting the relevant reference number on the subject line for the position you are applying for, to Human Resources at IDEAL English Academy email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. Cover letter and CV
2. Scanned copy of university degree/transcripts and ESL certificate
3. Scanned copy of the photo page of your passport plus the current visa stamp
Even if you are just looking for more information about any of the positions then please email us to find out more.
Please note that we have a two-stage interview process. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for stage 1 interviews with a pre-interview test in January, and stage 2 will be a teaching demonstration in early February. If you are contacted, please make sure you bring the originals of the above documents on the day of your interview.
IDEAL English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the company's recruitment procedure the successful candidate will undergo full background checks.