Cambridge International job ad 2020-2021 school year
Atlantic Five-Star English is looking for full-time teachers in a variety of subjects for our in-school Cambridge International teaching program in Hanoi. On this program, students study Cambridge International Secondary 1 (Lower Secondary / Checkpoint) and Secondary 2 (Upper Secondary / IGCSE).
Teachers are needed for:
- Maths (Checkpoint & IGCSE)
- Combined Science (Checkpoint)
- Physics (IGCSE)
- Chemistry (IGCSE)
- English as a 2nd Language (Checkpoint & IGCSE)
- ICT (IGCSE)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with bright, motivated state school students on a government pilot program preparing students for their IGCSE exams. These positions will start in late Aug or early Sep, and will continue until the end of the school year in May.
Duties include preparation and delivery of lessons; development of lesson plans and other curriculum materials; design and marking of assessments; additional support for students and the school as needed; and participation in program meetings and professional development activities.
- Bachelor’s/master’s/PGCE/iPGCE/QTS relevant to the subject taught
- A reputable English-language teaching certificate such as CELTA or equivalent (must include observed teaching practice with real students)*
- Minimum 2 years’ teaching experience with this subject, including significant experience with Secondary (Grade 6-9) students
- Cultural awareness and flexibility to work in a state-school environment in Vietnam
- A clean criminal record in home country and in Vietnam
*This requirement may be waived for candidates with a (i)PGCE and/or QTS (qualified teacher status) from their home country.
Work time: Mon - Fri daytime hours (occasional Saturdays may be required for meetings / makeup lessons)
Class size: 25-30 students per class
Compensation & Benefits: competitive pay, induction, visa assistance and allowance, and contract completion bonus
Interested candidates are advised to send their CV, cover letter, and scans of university degree and certificates and passport photo page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.