English Instructors Needed, Eastern Province, KSA
Immediate opportunities for joining a talented team of educators at Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic’s Juaymah Training Center in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Managed by AMIDEAST, this new program enrolls more than 400 male trainees who are studying intensive English along with math, science, and health/safety subjects in a technical context.
The teaching positions offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Average class size is 16 trainees, and the weekly course load is 24 hours plus administrative and prep responsibilities. There may also be opportunities for involvement in curriculum and educational technology development.
Qualified teachers are urged to apply for immediate consideration as well as for the 2014-15 academic year; please specify as relevant in the required cover letter. Minimum qualifications for an English instructor include the following.
• Native English speakers from the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited Western University; master’s degree in TESOL, applied linguistics, or similar field preferred
• CELTA, DELTA, or other recognized TEFL certification (or master’s degree as above)
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant full-time teaching experience
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology in the classroom
• Familiarity with and respect for the multicultural diversity and traditions that exist in Saudi Arabia
Applications are also encouraged from ESL/EFL teachers who additionally have hands-on experience and an educational background in math, science/engineering, and health and safety, and who may be qualified for technical bridging instructor positions. Required qualification are generally as listed above, but with a BA/BS in the relevant technical field and demonstrated technical experience in addition to 5 years of teaching experience.
To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/ .
Scroll to the Juaymah instructor job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; a request for copies of the passport information page, degrees/diplomas/certificates, and references will follow for candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field.