I Can Read is celebrating more than 20 years of experience and success! We have expanded to more than 200 centres and school partners in over 15 countries within Asia and the Middle East, with 11 of them being in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam! We have opportunities for teachers to join our team in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam from July 2020 onwards.
At I Can Read we’re looking for creative, playful and supportive teachers who are passionate about reaching the educational goals of their students. Through training and professional development, I Can Read teachers will learn to employ a world-class pedagogy to inspire the joy of reading. Our students are aged between 2.5 and 12 years old.
We are looking for committed teachers as we offer a one-year contract. Our teachers will work five days per week with two consecutive days off on weekdays. Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree and have preferably one year of classroom experience. Ideally, candidates will be located in Vietnam due to the current border closures, those outside of the country will also be considered for future positions.
- Ideally, candidates will be located in Vietnam due to the current border closures, those outside of the country will also be considered for future positions. Candidates are advised to monitor government websites for the latest updates and travel advisories.
- Degree-level qualifications, preferably in Teaching/Education/Early Childhood Studies/English/English Literature or Linguistics
- English as a first language with a universally recognisable accent and a strong command of both written and spoken English
- At least one year of related teaching experience, or similar
- An enthusiasm for teaching young children
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well with Learning Centre Management
- The ability to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive monthly salary reflective of Vietnam’s cost of living
- Sponsored work permit reimbursed upon contract completion
- A contract completion bonus
- Paid annual leave in addition to paid public holidays
- Sick leave through the Vietnam Medical Insurance Authority
- Company contributions to Health and Social insurance
- A paid training/induction programme with I Can Read's Professional Development Team, followed by ongoing support
- A one-year contract commencing from Work Permit issuance with the possibility to renew.
- Small class sizes, a maximum of 12 permanent students
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Opportunities to explore relocating internationally to our other I Can Read centres throughout Asia
If you meet our criteria and are interested in applying please send the following;
- Current CV
- A cover letter clearly stating when you’re available to join us
- A recent photo
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor's Degree