Bored of your 9 to 5? Then do something different! Come and teach on the beautiful and friendly island of Taiwan!
KNES has over 30 years’ experience teaching English to young children. We’re proud to offer a competitive package and a structured and friendly work environment that’s perfect for new and experienced teachers alike.
We are currently seeking individuals passionate about teaching children to join our teams across Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
We are seeking the following staff -
Starting Dates: Immediately and throughout the year
Language Department Role: You will be responsible for delivering English classes to children aged 6-12 in our afterschool language program
Kindergarten Department Role: You will be responsible for delivering classes to children aged 3-6 in our preschool program
Your responsibilities include -
- Generating engaging lesson plans to motivate and inspire young learners
- Maintaining a well-managed class with a warm and inclusive atmosphere
- Developing each child’s English language skills
- Facilitating the positive development of each child’s character
KNES will provide -
- A structured and supportive working environment
- A well-designed curriculum
- Materials provided (quizzes/tests, homework, flashcards, software)
- Small class sizes (average of 10 students)
- Fixed working hours set between Monday to Friday
- Minimal weekend work
- A competitive financial package
- Guaranteed monthly salary (NT$60,000-$NT65,000)
- Monthly attendance bonus (N$2,000)
- Partial Airfare Compensation (NT$10,000)
- Various other bonuses (seasonal performance bonus, end of contract bonus, visa reimbursement etc; worth up to an additional NT$50,000)
- Assistance with visas and work permits
- Support settling in
- Free airport pick-up service &n bsp;
- Local area tour
- Training period
- Free accommodation during the training period and for two months after
- Help in finding your own apartment
You will need -
- To hold a passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Philippines, South Africa, the UK or the USA, and any other nations of which English is the official language.
- To hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (an Associate’s Degree in combination with a TEFL is acceptable)
- To have a clean criminal record (this should be a nationwide criminal record check issued within the previous 4 month period)
Preferred candidates -
- Have a TEFL certificate or equivalent
- Can commit to a 18-month contract
- Have passion and enthusiasm for teaching English and for teaching children
How to Apply -
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume at https://form.jotform.me/71412471121442
About Us -
KNES is a private language institution that offers English-classes to children aged 3 to 12. All programs are conducted in English and feature a well-structured curriculum.
We pride ourselves in providing a professional and supportive work environment. We are currently home to more than 20 full-time English-speaking teachers from all over the world. This number will only increase as the school continues to expand.
We have branches spread throughout Hsinchu County. We are primarily based in Zhudong Township and Zhubei City. Both locations are surrounded by beautiful mountains, yet are within easy reach of major cities (e.g. Zhubei and Hsinchu City). Taipei, the capital and Taiwan’s largest city, is only 30 minutes away by High Speed Rail, or 90 minutes by bus.
Taiwan is a very friendly country with a rich history and culture. Taiwan also has a well-developed public transit system, meaning it’s very easy and convenient to get around.