Centro de Cultura Americana Ltda. Speaking, a language school located in Itajuba, Minas Gerais, Brazil, is looking for a young and enthusiastic NATIVE SPEAKER who is a committed and energetic professional willing to work hard.
- Native Speaker
- Teaching Experience with two professional letters of recommendation
- Must have a University Degree or TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certification
- Must be willing to prepare classes appropriately
- Ability to grow and adapt to the teaching pedagogy
- Must commit to teach till the last day of classes
The offer is for a one semester to a year contract with training starting on July, 28th and classes starting on July, 31st.
Bachelors degree and/or ESL certification and experience in preparing classes preferred.
- School has offered English, Spanish, French and German for the past 25 years
- New, comfortable location with modern facilities
- Team of 6 foreign and 10 Brazilian teachers working with 400+ students
- Students' ranging from ages 14 to 50, majority being university students
- Position available is to teach around 35 hours per week from Monday to Saturday
- Classes last one hour and have an average of 8 students
- Foreign English teacher will be responsible for intermediate to advanced level classes and for private students
- Starting wage of R$33,00 (Thirty Three Reais) per hour (US$ 1 = R$ 5.31) (minimum wage in Brazil R$5,55)
- Sufficient pay to live in Itajuba and to save something for travel
- Teachers paid monthly on the 5th business day of the following month
- Teachers evaluated through a survey at the end of each semester. Contract extension and raises will be based on survey results, performance and availability
- School provides free modern furnished suíte, private bathroom + utilities + internet for teachers
- Free Portuguese classes offered for 1 semester
Due to Covid Pandemia our classes are being held online. As soon as the governament releases a statement our classes will go back to in-person classes.
The school is located in Itajuba, a university town located in the state of Minas Gerais, four hours north-east of Sao Paulo and four hours west of Rio de Janeiro. It is a very safe vibrant city of 96.000 inhabitants, with a thriving scene of start-ups and easy access to many beautiful locations, such as waterfalls and hiking trails. The town centre and public amenities are walking distance from the school and there are several outdoor farmers markets held in the town during the week.
If you are interested in this position you must send all documents to email@example.com (resume, passport picture and a reference contact or letter).
IMPORTANT: Please only apply if you are a native speaker and if you can be in Brazil by July 2021. School does not provide free airfare.