Pay Band: Teacher level
Location: Any Country in East Asia (Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, China)
Contract type: Full Time
Duration: 1 or 2 years Fixed Term (TBC)
Important notice before you apply:
Please note that currently, British Council has limited vacancies for Teachers.
Any active vacancy will be shared on our recruitment website, however, we are encouraging teachers who are interested in working with us in East Asia, to apply to join our talent pool.
As soon as we have an appropriate vacancy, we will inform suitable candidates who have joined.
If you wish to join our talent pool, you will be asked to complete an application form, and if successful, a short video interview.
*In compliance with our policy of equal opportunities to people with disabilities, British Council can provide reasonable adjustments and can opt for a traditional pre-screening phone call if a video interview is not feasible.
The talent pool is open to external and internal candidates.
Are you an enthusiastic and passionate Teacher who is looking for a dynamic teaching experience in East Asia?
This is an excellent opportunity to join our talent pool and has the chance to take part in a friendly and vibrant educational environment whilst demonstrating a high level of professional and teaching skills.
You can unleash your creativity to provide exciting, fun, and relevant learning experiences as well as having the chance to work with other outstanding teachers.
If you are a Teacher specializing across Adults and/or Young Learners, take the chance to join our talent pool!
Challenge and accountabilities:
Support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- Planning, preparing and delivering high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles.
- Monitoring progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy.
- Contributing to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials, and related services.
- Ensuring teaching meets the standards expected in Teaching and Learning Reviews, the annual Academic Quality Plans, and organizational expectations.
- Using technology during lessons when required.
- Finishing administrative tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contributing to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students’ understanding of the contemporary UK.
- Ensuring safeguarding and other guidelines are applied and upheld in line with internal standards
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent
- Undergraduate/University degree
- A minimum of 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience gained from teaching a variety of age groups and levels from young learners through to adults.
Proven experience and skills in:
- Classroom management
- Course and lesson planning
- Subject knowledge
- Understanding your learners
- Learning technologies
Your salary starting point will be set according to your qualifications and experience as well as your previous position on the British Council’s global salary scale (if applicable).
Internal candidates should include the full version of their two most recent end-of-year records of performance.
Kindly submit your application with your updated cv on the below link