English Excel is a British owned company that was founded in 2000. We have twelve schools across Hong Kong and we continue to broaden our horizons. We pride ourselves on providing a high-quality, interactive and nurturing learning environment for our students. Classes are strongly geared towards oral interaction as well as reading and writing. Classes are limited to a maximum of 4 students per class and so offer an ideal learning and teaching environment and due to our small class sizes, we can place our students according to their level of English rather than their age. We are a registered Trinity College London Examination Centre.
Students enrol at English Excel for differing reasons, here are some of the most common:
* Practice English
* Improve confidence in speaking English
* Prepare for primary and secondary school interviews – often there’s a part of the interview requiring children to speak in English.
* Learn phonics
* Improve reading
* Improve grammar
* Improve writing
* Have fun, meet with westerners and take away the scare factor that westerners can sometimes be perceived to have!
Successful applicants will work in one of our twelve schools as part of a small team. They’ll be responsible for teaching, planning and preparing their lessons, and for completing related admin. We offer a comprehensive induction programme for new teachers and there are plenty of opportunities to develop their professional skills, with many getting involved with curriculum development. We believe consistency for our students is vital, so contracts are a minimum of 12 months.
* Monthly salary (starting) HK$20,000
* Retirement benefit HK$1,000
* Completion gratuity bonus HK$12,000
* Affordable accommodation provided for the duration of your contract on Hong Kong Island (optional).
* Employer sponsored Work Visa arranged
* Airport meet, greet & transportation
* Comprehensive training and induction
* Ongoing professional development
* Salary advances - You really can come out to Hong Kong with no more than £100 in your wallet!
We offer opportunities for career advancement and promotion. Many of our teachers go on to become senior teachers/part of the management team and stay at English Excel far longer than they initially intended!
We support skill development in various ways. Of great help to new, less experienced teachers, is our mentoring scheme, where we will pair you up with a more experienced teacher.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent (A to C including Maths and English)
Minimum of 120hrs TEFL certificate
If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org