Amideast/Iraq’s English language (EL) and training programs cater to all levels of English language learners with a wide range of language development needs. Amideast English courses include those for public customers as well as corporate/private clients. Classes are held at Amideast’s office in Erbil, client training sites, and online, with courses covering beginning to advanced proficiency levels. EL courses include general English, business English, conversation, English for specific purposes, and test preparation courses. Training courses cover a wide variety of professional and workplace skills. Amideast programs are based on a learner-centered approach in which students are encouraged to actively participate and engage in the learning process. EL and training instructors are responsible for planning and delivering high quality courses with support and supervision from the EL and Training Coordinator.
The EL and Training Coordinator will lead the planning, implementation, and monitoring of all English language and training programs at the Amideast/Iraq Field Office. In coordination with the Country Director, the EL and Training Coordinator will represent Amideast to stakeholders and serve as the regular point of contact for corporate clients. S/he will oversee administrative functions in the department including planning of courses, scheduling of classes, coordinating professional development sessions, assigning instructors, and ensuring proper resources to deliver high quality EL and training courses. The incumbent will also ensure all program activities, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting are conducted in compliance with donor regulations and Amideast policies and procedures. The EL Coordinator also provides professional support and assistance to teachers and staff, and ensures the overall quality of Amideast’s EL and training programs through regular observations, department meetings and coordination with the Baghdad team
The EL and Training Coordinator will contribute to new business development activities that are coordinated with the Country Director, Amideast’s Regional Director for English Language Programs, and the organization’s Headquarters located in Washington, DC. The EL and Training Coordinator also leads Public EL outreach, which includes marketing and social media outreach, directing the registration process and organization of classes, both in-person and online.
In response to COVID-19, Amideast has expanded its delivery of high-quality instruction online. Online courses are hosted on Amideast’s own platform, Amideast Online, with a variety of LMS (learning management system) tools and resources.
• Teach up to 16 hours per week of English courses, as required
• Manage assigned English language and training projects including planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities; this includes management of project resources and staff in compliance with donor regulations and Amideast policies
• Oversee English language and training programs being implemented in all regions of Iraq through in-person and remote management strategies
• Oversee and manage all teaching staff for both EL and training programs, including regular department meetings, managing time sheets and schedules, and coordinating observations and feedback
• Plan materials and resources for EL and training courses, including the preparation of course descriptions and outlines – for face-to-face, online, and blended programs
• Manage the effective use of Amideast Online for all Amideast/Iraq EL and training programs and provide students/participants, colleagues, and teachers with guidance on the effective use of this platform
• Maintain and update a resource library of hard and soft copies of EL and training materials for use by teaching staff
• Develop training calendars for EL courses and training programs, including with instructor assignments and venues
• Coordinate administration and scoring of placement tests for students/participants, as well as subsequent class assignments
• Coordinate English language and training program activities with key contacts at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and at the U.S. Consulate in Erbil
• Coordinate with the organization’s Regional Director for English Language Programs on the design, development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all EL, training, and test preparation programs that the Amideast/Iraq Field Office offers
• Coordinate course assessments for EL and training courses, in collaboration with teaching staff
• Plan, coordinate, and monitor course assessments and evaluation processes and develop reports, in collaboration with teaching staff
• Create and utilize anonymous feedback forms to solicit participants’ feedback and suggestions on a regular basis and incorporate these into the planning and implementation process for EL and training courses
• Provide accurate inputs to contract and grant reports for EL and training programs in accordance with reporting expectations and schedules
• Participate in business development initiatives including program design, activities, budgeting, and proposal writing specific to new or recurring EL and training programs and contracts
• Guide the Customer Service team in marketing and sales of Iraq EL programs and services, as needed.
• Post content to Amideast/Iraq’s website, Facebook and Instagram pages and accounts