|Home||About Us||FAQ||Contact Us|
English Literature, Maths, Science And Primary Tutors In Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamInternational Tutor Group
English Literature, Maths, Science And Primary Tutors In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Are you interested in relocating to one of South East Asia’s most vibrant and dynamic cities?
Do you want to teach your passion rather than ESL?
We’re currently looking for Maths, Science, English Literature and Primary Level tutors! Instead of ESL teaching, tutors can share their passion for their degree subjects, building close relationships and transforming students’ futures.
The International Tutor Group (ITG) is a Tutoring Centre rather than a school, providing academic and mentoring support to students from Vietnam’s best international schools. All you need is a flair for your subject, a strong degree, and preferably some experience working with young people.
ITG is offering full-time positions in Vietnam’s emerging hub of Ho Chi Minh City. We’re on the hunt for experienced tutors who can support leading international school students from Primary up to IGCSE and IB / A-Level.
ITG is a British-run company specializing in academic support for all international curricula. We’re a small, family-style set-up with about 20 teachers working mostly 1-1 and in small groups. Tutors will have the opportunity to make lasting and effective relationships with their students in a supportive professional environment.
ITG offers extensive training and curriculum guidance from international school teachers with years of experience.
The role includes a generous salary and competitive benefits for such an affordable city.
You’ll work in the afternoons and still be able to dedicate your mornings to personal projects or simply enjoy Vietnamese local life.
When you arrive in HCMC we’ll help organise every aspect of your stay from accommodation to your work permit and visa.
It is only our opinion, but we think there has never been a better time to be in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Drenched in history, Saigon is a city in the midst of a mind-boggling transformation. New skyscrapers, hip international bars and buzzing arts venues appear on an almost weekly basis. This is set amongst the last vestiges of a sleepy French Colonial past and the utterly distinctive quality of traditional street life, with its bustling coffee shops and mouthwatering food vendors. Our Study Centre is located in a leafy suburb just a short hop from the city centre, so you’ll be sure to make the most of it all whilst having ample space to relax.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject area
- 1 year professional experience - not necessarily teaching experience
- A teaching qualification - PGCE / Masters in Education / TEFL (online TEFL course can be provided for the right candidates)
- Be a native-speaker and hold a valid passport from English-speaking countries
- Subject knowledge excellence
- Experience working with young people
- Ability to make excellent, empathetic relationships with young people in a personal, 1-1 environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work closely and collaboratively in a small team
- Teaching / tutoring experience at primary or secondary level
- Experience in schools or working with young people
- Flexibility, initiative, excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently
- Competitive salary
- Two weeks paid holiday / year
- Job progression
- Friendly, close-knit company run by British teachers
- Contracts run from February 2023 - June 2024 and are renewable (start date is flexible)
- Visa and work permit organized and paid for by ITG (Tutor required to provide necessary documentation)
- International Standard Health Insurance - inpatient-only in Vietnam
- Support with your inbound flight costs
- Initial accommodation and airport pickup organised upon arrival
- New staff welcoming program provided and regular social events with the team
- Admin support to assist with all areas of the transition to Vietnam