Business College at IH is a division of International House Sydney, one of Australia's most highly regarded English language and Teacher Training Centres established in 1988. We are part of the International House World Organisation, comprising of 150 schools in 50 countries. Business College at IH delivers VET courses in Business, Project Management, Leadership & Management, Social Media Marketing, and Marketing & Communication in 4 different states in Australia. We are currently seeking a Head Trainer to join our dedicated team in Melbourne on a full-time permanent contract.
Who are you?
- A trainer who can engage and motivate students by delivering exciting classes.
- Someone who is highly motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Has highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has good computer skills with the ability to navigate Student and Learning Management systems.
- Committed and have a genuine interest to develop young adults.
- Has the ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced working environment.
- Willingness to apply flexible working hours (including teaching evening classes).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To delivery training up to 2 classes a week. This will include up to two evening classes (F2F and/or Online)
- To manage, administer and deliver the work-skills and academic skills programmes.
- To conduct and administer assessment support sessions during the given teaching term.
- To act as relief trainer in the event of another trainer being unable to train due to, for instance, a family or medical emergency.
- To take on additional marking where required.
- Implement teaching and assessment strategies to promote high quality learning for all students
- Take a lead role in continuous improvement of teaching strategies and delivery for the campus and casual trainers
- Participate in validation sessions
- Contribute to course development and design
- Mark assessments and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner
- Support management and other casual trainers when required
You can teach:
Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma
Project & Program Management or
Marketing and Communication or
Leadership and Management or
Social Media Marketing
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
1. Current Industry and VET experience: You must have practical industry experience in a relevant business field and be able to engage effectively with students.
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116), OR
Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
VET Qualifications relevant to the scope of teaching or above
2. Professional Development
Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) activities in the relevant are
Practicing trainers and assessors must also provide evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) activities for the VET industry in training and assessment
If you meet the above criteria and think that you have what it takes to be part of Business College at IH, then we would love to hear from you. Please forward a comprehensive CV and cover letter, including:
Details of the specific duties and responsibilities of your current and recent roles
The contact details of references for your current and recent roles
A summary of your recent professional development activities and their dates of completion
A cover letter (is a must) explaining in a few words why you are the best fit for our students, the college and this exciting opportunity.