EFL teaching on Morocco’s sunny coast!
The American Language Center of Casablanca has positions starting October 1st, 2014
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (sorry, no exceptions allowed):
• Native speaker of English with US, Canadian, British or Australian citizenship
• B.A. + CELTA, TESOL (or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based course certification)
• At least one year of overseas EFL teaching experience (full-time)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• 198-218 Dirhams per contact hour (approx. $24.00 – $26.40) (Post-tax monthly salary based on 18 contact hours per week paid at 210 Dirhams per hour is approx. $1,220 per month) Options for extra teaching hours are available after you have completed the first session.
• Reimbursement of airplane ticket to Casablanca up to 10,000 Dirhams (appox. $1,210)
• Airport pick up in Casablanca upon arrival + arrival support
• Free 3 star hotel accommodations for up to 10 days after arrival + full board
• Settling in allowance to buy furnishings for apartment (10,000 Dirhams = approx. ($1,210)
• Housing allowance in addition to salary (up to 3,000 per month tax free (approx. $363.00 )
• Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
• Return airfare upon completion of 1 year contract and round trip ticket for a renewed contract
• One month vacation + approx. 6 more weeks of holidays & breaks between sessions during which teachers receive their full monthly salaries
• Discounted Arabic or French lessons
• End of contract bonus (One month’s salary in addition to regular salary)
The American Language Center Casablanca is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 11 language centers located in Morocco. All our classrooms have DVD players, CD players and A/Cs. Our staff room is well stocked with supplementary materials, music & DVD clips for class. Our center has a garden and a café for our students & teachers to enjoy.
We are looking for full-time teachers (18 contact hours per week or more) who are familiar with the communicative approach to language acquisition. This would include a primarily student-centered classroom with regular pair work and group work activities. We do NOT seek teachers who lecture their students about grammar and vocabulary. We are interested in teachers who know that teacher talk time should be kept to a minimum.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Interested applicants should send their C/V, a short letter of introduction including why you would like to teach at ALC Casablanca, scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates and the first page of their passport, + 2 letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their e-mail addresses) to:
David Neuses, Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org / casa_dir @ aca.org.ma
Notes: Only candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for this position. I will be at the TESOL convention in Portland, Oregon 2014 for interviews or will conduct phone interviews via Skype.
Please visit our website for pictures of our institute and additional information at:http://casablanca.aca.org.ma (or) http://www.aca.org.ma (or) on Facebook at: American Language Center Casablanca