Preschool Teacher / Middle and High School Teachers Needed in Cuenca
CEDEI School, Cuenca, Ecuador
· Preschool Teacher
· Middle and High School Teachers
CEDEI School is a part of the CEDEI non-profit foundation. We are a non-traditional, dual language, content-based preschool to high school. Our school is guided by the following philosophical tenets:
· Multiple Intelligences
· English as an instrumental language
· French as a third language
· Inclusion of children with special needs
· Emotional stability as a prerequisite to learning
· Music, movement, and art as expressions of self
· Development of critical thinking skills
We are seeking motivated and creative teachers to begin August 2015 with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus TEFL.
We are located in Cuenca, a beautiful colonial city, large and modern enough to meet all your needs but still compact enough to retain a quaint, small city feeling. Cuenca is a walking city, and teachers can obtain all their needs within the city center. Teachers can enjoy a variety of parks, green spaces, free cultural events such as a symphony and art expositions, and the national park and ruins located a short distance from the city. Ecuador is small enough to allow one to travel throughout the three main regions: beach, mountains, and rainforest during breaks and on weekends. The climate is ideal with spring-like temperatures throughout the year.
· Preschool teacher
· Science Teacher 7th-10th grade
· Social Studies and Language teacher 6th – 10th Grade
· Math teacher 7th-12thth Grade
· Art/Drama/PE Teacher – Elementary level – High School
· Human Rights Teacher – 12th Grade
Schedule: 7:15 to 1:45 Monday to Thursday, 22 teaching periods per week, with 10 planning periods per week. Weekly recess duty and door duty.
Term: 10 month contract
Teachers are responsible for their own airfare and the cost of their visa for the 1st year ($80) Compensation: Monthly stipend ($400-$450) free Spanish and dance classes.
Application Process: Please send your resume for consideration to: Sarah Gill, International Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org