CEDEI School, Cuenca, Ecuador
• Preschool Teachers
• Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers
CEDEI School is a part of the CEDEI non-profit foundation. We are a non-traditional, dual language, content-based preschool to high school. Our school is guided by the following philosophical tenets:
• Multiple Intelligences
• English as an instrumental language
• French as a third language
• Inclusion of children with special needs
• Music, movement, and art as expressions of self
• Development of critical thinking skills
We are seeking motivated and creative teachers to begin August 2016 with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus TEFL.
We are located in Cuenca, a beautiful colonial city in the Andes. It is large and modern enough to meet all your needs but still compact enough to retain a quaint, small city feeling. Cuenca is a walking city, and teachers can obtain all their needs within the city center. Teachers can enjoy a variety of parks, green spaces, free cultural events such as a symphony and art expositions, and the national park and ruins located a short distance from the city. Ecuador is small enough to allow one to travel throughout the three main regions: beach, mountains, and rainforest during breaks and on weekends. The climate is ideal with spring-like temperatures throughout the year.
• Preschool teachers
• Class Teacher (1st – 6th Grade)
• Science Teacher - Middle and High School
• Social Studies Teacher– Middle School
• Language Teachers – Middle and High School
• Math Teacher - Middle and High School
• PE Teacher – Elementary, Middle and High School
Schedule: 7:15 to 1:45 Monday to Thursday, 22 teaching periods per week of 40 mins with 10 planning periods per week. Weekly recess duty and door duty.
Term: 10 month contract
Teachers are responsible for their own airfare and the cost of their visa.
Compensation: Monthly stipend ($410-$460) includes free Spanish and salsa classes.
Application Process: Please send your resume to: email@example.com for consideration.