Growing language schools looking for CELTA-/DELTA-qualified, experienced EFL teachers for general English, exam preparation, Young Learners/Teens, one-to-one and in-house teaching. Competitive salary, friendly staffroom, supportive environment with CPD a real priority. Opportunities for gaining valuable experience in different teaching contexts.
IH Ecuador (operating locally as BSL - British School of Language) affiliated to IH World Organisation of language schools in 2014, and is the authorized Cambridge English Language Assessment centre covering the coastal region of Ecuador. We offer a residential CELTA course, as well as TKT preparation courses and an ICELT course to local teachers - a real opportunity for DELTA-qualified / experienced teachers to move into teacher training and/or oral examining (minimum two-year commitment required).
NB IH Ecuador is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
Contracts are for two years in accordance with IH standards. Absolute minimum of one-year commitment required. Shorter contracts are not offered.
US$880-1440 (net) depending on qualifications and experience (for 80 teaching hours per calendar month - extra hours paid on top)
* Free visa on completion of one-month probation
* Excellent, comprehensive CPD program
* Free local medical insurance
* Monthly salary rather than hourly paid inc. sick leave and four weeks paid leave per annum (not including Public Holidays)
NB We do NOT provide financial support for flights or accommodation though we can help you find somewhere suitable to live when you arrive.
CELTA, Trinity, IHC or equivalent recognized by the International House World Organisation.
NB An online TEFL/TESL course is NOT considered an adequate initial teaching qualification.
- Experience of EFL teaching (minimum of one year preferred)
- Some experience with YL teaching preferred
- Experience teaching exam preparation classes preferred but not essential
- Undergraduate degree essential.
Send an updated CV to email@example.com.