Academic Coordinator Position
EF Education First Quito
Working in the busy academic office, this full-time salaried position incorporates a variety of academic administrative duties, particularly office and classroom support for the School Director and teaching staff. Candidates for this position should aspire to academic directorship. We offer a market competitive salary that allows candidates to live a comfortable life in Ecuador.
• University degree: minimum B.A. plus ESL teaching qualification (e.g. TEFL, CELTA)
• 2 years+ teaching experience preferred (international experience preferable)
• Leadership ability
• Outgoing & confident personality
• Enjoy working in busy & varied environment
• Ability to substitute teach in any level general English class in cases of emergency
• Organized, with attention to detail
• Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
• Excellent communication & people skills
• Computer literate – proficiency with Excel, Word, and general computer literacy required
• Interest in own professional development
• Interest in the development of the school and the teaching department
• Ability to identify problems and come up with creative solutions
• Ability to work as a team
• Assist the School Director with program management, student evaluations, and daily administrative tasks.
• Assisting with supervising & processing of placement tests, and placing students in class
• Create academic-related documents, including the Academic Calendar, graduation program, and SPIN class list.
• Counsel students on academic issues, including choosing the right classes/programs/materials, their academic standing, and how to improve their language skills in general.
• Advise teachers on student issues, resolve classroom scheduling issues, and uphold program policies
• Advising potential students on available courses and processing sales where required.
• Assists students with course, level and class changes
• Teach during busy summer season as needed
• To keep teaching staff and students informed of administrative matters and timetable developments.
• Maintaining paper work and ensuring teachers do the same (attendance sheets)
• Running international exams (Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE)
This is a wide and varied position; the above list may not be comprehensive.
• Send a cover letter and provide a resume showcasing your skills and experience. Send the two documents to email@example.com