|Home||About Us||FAQ||Contact Us|
ESL TeacherCarmela Diaz
The mission of the Teach and Travel Program is to offer participants the opportunity to travel abroad for a short period of time and teach English and/or arts to Dominican students. In doing so, we intend to create a partnership between our teachers and our students, where one end learns important life and language skills while the other takes advantage of the opportunity to become immerse in a new culture.
Our program is one of the few teach and travel programs available that offers participants compensation for their service offered. Our program is constantly evaluated by participants and staff in order to continuously improve the quality of the experience that our teachers enjoy. During orientation week we make sure participants practice lesson planning and understand what is expected from them. The teaching schedule leaves plenty of time for you to travel and get to know other parts of the country in your free time. Finally, our participants are accompanied in the teaching environment so they always feel as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Plan, prepare, and teach well developed lessons which enthuse and inspire students, and promote enjoyment of learning.
• Effectively and appropriately differentiate instruction so as to meet all students’ learning styles with an appreciation for students’ learning differences.
• Select and sequence appropriate materials, resources, and approaches according to the course/content area and audience of learners.
• Assess, track, and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement (performance and growth) and developmental needs to students, academic, and other managers/colleagues.
• Design, administer, and evaluate a range of formative and summative assessments as appropriate.
• Completed highschool
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certified (preferable)
• Classroom teaching experience
• International travel (preferable)
• Excellent oral and writing skills
• Problem-solving capability
• Excellent listening and questioning skills
• Attentive to deadlines
• Basic computer literacy
• Supports the aims, objectives, goals, ethos, and mission of the school
• Acts on her/his own initiative within defined and acceptable parameters
• Projects appropriate professional image
• Imparts a positive impact with student and staff
• Speaks clearly, sensitively, and persuasively when interacting with stakeholders
• Acts rationally and maturely without undue bias or reliance on emotional responses